Founded in 1987, Supersmile is a company created by Dr. Irwin Smigel, the world-renowned “Father of Aesthetic Dentistry”, that sells dentist-recognized products to help improve all aspects of dental health and hygiene, including teeth whitening.
In terms of results, you can expect to brighten your teeth with Supersmile in as quickly as 3 days, with more visible, longer-term results requiring closer to 4 weeks.
The results of Supersmile have earned the company as the “#1 Whitening System” recommended by cosmetic dentists, as well as praise from publications such as GQ, Men’s Health, and Vogue.
What’s Unique about Supersmile?
Supersmile’s x-factor largely comes down to the expertise behind it, with its products being the result of over 40 years of professional dental practice.
Plus, in addition to Supersmile’s product not containing any harsh abrasives or silica, both of which can respectively cause sensitivity and enamel damage, Supersmile products also contain the proprietary ingredient, Calprox®.
Not present in any other company’s teeth whitening products, Calprox eliminates something called pellicle, which is a protein that produces a film that is conducive to the build-up of bacteria, plaque, and stains on your teeth.
Finally, Supersmile offers a larger variety of whitening products than nearly any other company in the space, including a Whitening Toothpaste, Whitening Floss, and a Powdered Whitening Rinse.
Who Is Supersmile For?
Just about anyone wanting to improve their oral health can use Supersmile’s products, which work on all types of teeth including natural teeth, veneers, crowns, bonding, and even dentures. Their products are even safe to use by pregnant and nursing women.
In terms of teeth whitening specifically, Supersmile makes a point to say that its products can help whiten all kinds of stains (coffee, tea, tobacco, red wine, etc.) except those caused by the medicine tetracycline, which supposedly can embed so deeply into your teeth that even in-office bleaching can’t help them.
How Do You Whiten Your Teeth with Supersmile?
Supersmile’s different products work to whiten your teeth in different ways. All powered by Supersmile’s proprietary ingredient Calprox, Supersmile’s teeth whitening products include:
- Professional Teeth Whitening Toothpaste: On a DRY toothbrush, place a pearl-size drop of professional whitening toothpaste. Brush in circular motions for two minutes, twice daily. For best results use with the professional whitening accelerator. Clinically proven to whiten teeth 6 shades when used with the Professional Whitening Accelerator.
- Powdered Whitening Rinse: Rinse with approximately a teaspoonful for 30 seconds after brushing. May be used throughout the day for refreshing breath.
- Whitening Floss: Wrap the floss around the side of each tooth in a “C” shape, and then slide the floss gently under the gum line to the tip of the tooth until the floss is clean. Repeat on all teeth. For clean and healthy teeth and gums, floss once per day
Supersmile also offers various other supporting dental products, as well as a number of high-powered toothbrushes. You’re also free to safely eat or drink right after using Supersmile’s products.
Whitening results will vary depending on your specific situation and the products used, but you can generally expect significant results within 4 weeks of using these products.
You can either choose to buy a complete Total Health System kit that provides everything you need for white and healthy teeth, or you can choose to buy specific products a la carte.
Supersmile’s Total Health System costs $100 and includes Whitening Toothpaste, Accelerator (which quickens whitening results), and Pre Rinse (which primes your teeth for maximum whitening results).
If you’re more interested in purchasing specific whitening products, the prices for Supersmile’s main whitening products are shown in the table below.
Professional Teeth Whitening Toothpaste
- Clinically proven to whiten teeth 6 shades when used with the Professional Whitening Accelerator
- Remineralize and restores enamel, fights cavities
- Inhibits plaque 10X better than leading plaque-removing toothpastes
- Restores bonded teeth, veneers, caps, dentures to their original shade
- 75% less abrasive than limit set by the ADA
- Safely and effectively primes teeth for maximum whitening results
- With anti-bacterial benefits for a healthier mouth
- Freshens breath
- Whitens between teeth and other hard to reach places
- Sugar and alcohol-free
Professional Whitening Floss
- Calprox® safely lifts surface stains between the teeth such as coffee, tea, tobacco, red wine, and other stains without harsh abrasives or the risk of sensitivity
- Sodium Bicarbonate provides long-lasting germicidal protection for fresher breath
- Removes harmful plaque and bacteria
Conveniently, you can buy travel-sized variations of most of Supersmile’s whitening products, allowing for easy maintenance while on-the-go.
If you intend to invest in your teeth for the long term, you can also take advantage of Supersmile’s subscription service to save 5% on all products.
Supersmile bridges the gap between teeth whitening and overall oral health perfectly. Yes, you can buy plenty of products specifically for whitening your teeth, but you can also purchase other products to make sure that your mouth stays healthy in general.
Plus, these two goals aren’t necessarily separate, as many of Supersmile’s whitening products are formulated in a way so as to not just whiten your teeth, but also to allow your mouth to naturally maintain an environment that is conducive to healthy, whiter teeth.
Using its 40 years of industry expertise to offer dentist-recognized toothpaste, mouthwash, floss, and every other product you could possibly need for a bright, healthy smile, Supersmile is the place to go for all of your dental hygiene and health needs.