Deluxe is a leading payroll processing provider. Since Deluxe is known for a flexible range of solutions, the company has carved out a niche for serving small and growing businesses.
Deluxe also excels at reporting and analytics, giving its customers the cost-saving and efficiency advantages that only in-depth knowledge can provide. In addition, Deluxe is a great choice for clients who require advanced tax expertise because of its deep understanding of payroll taxes and related legislation.
So, is it the right choice for your business? Let’s take a closer look at Deluxe in order to answer that question.
Pros and Cons of Deluxe
- High levels of security
- Excellent software compatibility
- Comprehensive reporting tools
- User-friendly, customizable platform
- Knowledgeable customer support staff
- Pricing could be more clear
- Some people find the variety of options overwhelming
What Does Deluxe Offer?
Deluxe provides a complete set of payroll services to businesses of all sizes, with a special focus on:
- Small and growing businesses
- Construction contractors
- Healthcare services
- Retail businesses
- Hotels and hospitality services
- Financial services
Payroll Solutions for Businesses
Deluxe offers complete payroll processing and support services for businesses. While it provides multiple payroll packages, Deluxe’s standard package delivers a core set of essential features that include:
- Check-based or direct deposit employee payment distribution
- Payroll registry and summary tracking
- Department-based payroll summaries
- New employee reporting and onboarding tools
- Worksheet-based tracking
- Miscellaneous adjustment and exception reporting features
- Tax advice
Clients also have the option to distribute employee payments via payroll debit cards, and Deluxe will track and take care of all your banking reconciliation needs if you distribute paper checks or e-checks. Deluxe can simply submit a debit claim to your bank for the sum total of your payroll costs, then track each check or payment individually as employees cash them.
Additional Services and Features
In addition to its payroll services, you can also include supplementary features in your package. Additional choices include:
- Human resources and compliance supports: In order to save time, these services allow clients to outsource their most cumbersome HR and compliance needs. So, options include employee background checks and screenings, time and attendance tracking, workers’ compensation support, and detailed organizational cross-checks for compliance with all pertinent state and federal laws.
- Talent acquisition and management: Since finding and attracting the right candidates for job vacancies is a critical part of any company’s success, Deluxe aims to help you out. In order to streamline this process, Deluxe maintains a searchable database of resumes along with a complete suite of job listing and applicant management tools to help you find the best people to fill open positions.
- Finance: Deluxe can dramatically reduce errors because it links point-of-sale systems with payroll information tracking to facilitate automatic reporting.
Deluxe also offers a broad-ranging set of online payroll solutions and reporting features that take full advantage of technological tools. These highly secure services are safeguarded with multiple layers of cybersecurity, and allow clients to generate advanced reports, access historical information, and manage their payrolls in only a few simple steps.
Since Deluxe has a flexible pricing system, it’s a good solution for cost-conscious businesses. As of the end of 2019, Deluxe charges the following monthly rates for its core plans and services:
- Create Your Brand: $299 initial cost + $32/month
- Get Online: $274.95
- Engage Your Customers: $313
- Get Found: $600
- Attract New Customers: $649.99
Another important point to note: Deluxe doesn’t openly promote it, but customers have the option to sign up for annual contracts or commit to a month-by-month arrangement. In either case, Deluxe offers a full 100% money-back guarantee, which is a rarity in the payroll processing industry and speaks to the company’s confidence in the quality of its services.
The Bottom Line
Deluxe is a good option for small and growing businesses. Its excellent security, advanced technologies, and responsiveness give it a distinct advantage against some competitors. And its deep knowledge of tax-related issues is a major advantage.
For these reasons, Deluxe is worth exploring as you consider the best payroll software.