Sesame Care Review
Sesame Care is an innovative healthcare platform that allows users to schedule appointments with family doctors and medical specialists. Patients can use Sesame Care to manage and treat both acute and long-term conditions. Plus, it doesn’t require insurance or membership fees.
Let’s explore Sesame Care in more detail, so you can decide if it’s a good fit for you.
Pros and Cons of Sesame Care
- Access to specialists, including dentists
- Provides same-day telehealth visits
- Greater control over which doctor you see
- Affordable, transparent, flat-fee pricing
- Doesn’t accept insurance
- Some doctors have longer wait times
What Does Sesame Care Offer?
Sesame Care provides telehealth consultations with family doctors and medical specialists in a variety of fields. In addition to general care practitioners, patients can arrange specialized visits in categories including:
- Imaging and radiology
- Chiropractic care
- Dentistry (general, preventative, and cosmetic)
- Physical therapy
- Sexual health and STI testing
Sesame Care also supports a robust mental health network, where patients can access:
- Psychiatric care
- Individual counseling and therapy
- Couples’ counseling
- Family counseling
The Sesame Care platform is designed for online telehealth consultations, but patients can also arrange in-person visits with care providers affiliated with the network. If this option is available where you live, it’ll be displayed when you set up an appointment.
Sesame Care’s doctors can prescribe medications to treat many conditions, but there are some limitations. Physicians are not authorized to write prescriptions for narcotics or certain other controlled substances.
Another key point to note: Sesame Care treats non-emergency acute, chronic, and long-term medical issues. If you require immediate medical attention for a life-threatening issue, then call 911 or proceed to your nearest emergency room.
What To Expect on the Site
Sesame Care uses an efficient three-step process to connect you with healthcare providers:
- Choose a medical service: Select the option that most closely matches your symptoms from default categories or enter keywords in a search bar to find an available doctor.
- Compare doctors and prices: After you specify your choice of service, Sesame Care displays a tiled list of available physicians. Then click on the doctor’s name to learn more about their background, view the flat fee cost for an appointment, and complete a booking with your preferred doctor.
- Pay and receive care: Sesame Care collects your appointment fee. Then your telehealth consultation begins at the time you scheduled in step two.
Consultations take place via Sesame Care’s proprietary video conferencing platform, which is compatible with desktop and mobile computing systems. Sesame Care sends you an invitation link. At your appointment’s scheduled time, simply click on the link.
Your device needs to have a camera for Sesame Care consultations. If you don’t have access to a webcam or smartphone camera, then you can work with Sesame Care to arrange an alternative.
Patients pay a flat fee to access the Sesame Care telehealth services. So, the price you’re quoted when you book your appointment is the total price you’ll pay. As a result, there are no hidden fees or surprises involved.
Each physician in the Sesame Care network sets his or her own prices, so costs vary depending on which provider you choose. In many cases, the flat-fee consultation cost is less than the co-pay a patient would typically pay with a health insurance plan. So, Sesame Care often saves patients both time and money.
In order to complete your payment, you’ll need a major credit card. Alternatively, you can pay for your consultation with funds from a Health Reimbursement Account (HRA) or Health Savings Account (HSA) if you have one.
The Bottom Line
Sesame Care offers patients more choice and flexibility than many telehealth platforms. It also supports a wider range of medical specializations, including dental and pediatric care. And of course, Sesame Care can help with primary care, erectile dysfunction, mental health, and more. Overall, it’s a robust and complete online healthcare option.
In light of these advantages, it’s worth looking into Sesame Care as you consider the best online doctors.