American Van Lines Review
Founded in 1995, American Van Lines is a family-owned moving company.Since it supports domestic and international moves, American Van Lines offers a variety of services. So, you can use American Van Lines for out-of-state moving, commercial moving, corporate moving, international moving, antique moving, and storage.
Where many moving companies rely on inexperienced movers to offer competitive prices, American Van Lines does the opposite. The company offers such a high level of service that it’s approved by the American Moving and Storage Association (AMSA). So, it’s been verified to operate at the highest standards of quality and within ethical guidelines.
Additionally, American Van Lines is one of the few moving companies to make sustainability one of its main considerations. With this purpose in mind, the company prioritizes fuel consumption, paper consumption, as well as the health and safety of its moving crew.
So, what are the pros and cons of American Van Lines? In this review, we’ll take a closer look at the company in order to give a complete picture of its services.
Pros and Cons of American Van Lines
- Affordable flat-rate pricing
- Takes sustainability seriously
- Provides free moving quotes
- Offers 24/7 customer service
- Local and long-distance experts
- Free quotes aren’t instantaneous
- Not necessarily the cheapest option
What Does American Van Lines Offer?
American Van Lines can be used for more than just standard moves. As you can see in the list below, it’s a full-service moving company:
- Out-of-State Moving: Through weekly shuttles to most US cities, quick deliveries, and a flat-rate pricing system that keeps long-distance moving rates affordable, you can use AVL to move outside of Virginia.
- Commercial Moving: AVL is one of the few moving companies to also help with office relocations, warehouse relocations, or any other kind of commercial moving. To make sure you don’t have to do your move during business hours, AVL also operates on the weekend and after hours at no additional charge.
- Corporate Moving: AVL’s moving specialists know how to relocate your employees carefully and meticulously in no time.
- Moving and Storage: In addition to its moving services, AVL also offers private storage facilities for short-term or long-term use.
- International Moving: Heading farther than just out of state? AVL can help with complete packing, customs clearance, and various international delivery options to help you out.
- Piano and Antique Moving: If you have precious belongings that require extra careful transport, AVL’s trained movers can provide it.
What To Expect on the Site
While you can start the booking process by phone, the easiest way to begin is with American Van Lines’ online quote form. This form provides American Van Lines with the necessary information it needs to be able to provide you with an accurate quote for your specific move. You can expect to be asked about the following:
- Contact information
- Moving date
- Moving size
- Pickup location
- Drop off location
- Any additional instructions related to your move
After you complete your form, which takes 30 seconds, a representative from American Van Lines will quickly reach out. At that point, American Van Lines will provide you with a personalized quote and explain how to proceed with your booking.
Unlike some moving companies, American Van Lines uses a flat-rate pricing system. So, once you complete the online form and speak with a representative, you’ll find out the cost of your specific move. Generally speaking, factors that affect your cost include moving size, moving distance, which services you require, and any special requests you may have.
While cost will change from person to person, thanks to American Van Lines’ upfront quoting process and flat-rate system, you’ll know exactly the price of your move before the process begins. So, if you’re trying to decide if a moving company is worth the expense, rest assured. American Van Lines doesn’t have any surprise fees to worry about.
It’s also worth noting that American Van Lines is able to offer competitive rates because of its in-house operations. For example, because of how long it’s been around and how many people it helps move every year, American Van Lines can access moving trucks at a better rate than some competitors. Additionally, its fleet of fuel-efficient vehicles helps customers save money on fuel costs.
Finally, by keeping all operations inside the company instead of contacting outside agents, American Van Lines is able to pass these savings onto the customer.
The Bottom Line
American Van Lines is one of the most experienced and trusted moving companies around. Since its founding in 1995, the company has expanded to offer several moving services. You can use American Van Lines for out-of-state moving, commercial moving, corporate moving, international moving, storage, and even antique moving. So, regardless of what or where you’re moving, American Van Lines can likely take the stress out of moving.
With this in mind, American Van Lines should be on your radar as you compare the best moving companies.