Veestro represents a unique entry in the meal delivery industry. This plant-friendly company specializes in vegetarian and vegan cuisine. Everything on its menu is 100% plant-based, and Veestro’s entire menu is completely customizable. Even better, Veestro favors hand-picked ingredients, and 96% of everything that goes into its meals is organic. There are no preservatives, and everything is cooked fresh by chefs, flash-frozen, and delivered to your door without hassle or fuss.
If you’re looking to lose weight or embrace healthy eating but your busy lifestyle makes it difficult to stick with your plan, Veestro is an excellent solution. Let’s take a closer look at how it works, what your menu options are, and how this acclaimed meal delivery service fares when compared to competitors.
Pros and Cons
Here’s what reviewers and customers especially like about Veestro’s meal delivery service, as well as a couple things they aren’t psyched about:
- Veestro makes it easy to eat healthy and follow dietary restrictions, like gluten-free, vegan, or kosher eating
- Fresh, delicious, healthy ingredients
- Meals are ready quickly with no fuss or mess
- Veestro uses eco-friendly packaging that generates very little landfill-bound waste
- Veestro uses dry ice, which must be carefully handled, or it can be harmful
- A relatively limited set of options for people with high-protein dietary needs
In general, customers seem very satisfied with their Veestro experience. The service tends toward the pricier end of the industry range, but most people say it’s worth it considering the quality and freshness of the ingredients.
What Does Veestro Offer?
Veestro features about 50 different meals, all of which are made with fresh, mostly organic, 100% plant-based ingredients. Here’s a sampling of what’s on offer:
- Oatmeal pie
- Savory croquettes
- Three-layer scramble
- Spanish torta
Lunch and dinner:
- Red curry with tofu
- Turkish vegetarian “meatballs”
- Country fried vegetarian chick’n
- Shepherdless pie
- Carrot osso bucco
- Golden chickpea stew
- Mushroom stroganoff
- Kale and quinoa salad
- South Indian coconut stew
- Veggie lasagna
If you choose to order a-la carte, you can also filter your meals by category. Choose from high-protein, gluten-free, nut-free, soy-free, kosher, and low-calorie options.
What’s unique about Veestro?
Veestro is different from most other meal delivery services in several ways:
- There is no meat, fish, poultry, eggs, dairy, or honey anywhere on Veestro’s menu
- Veestro hand-selects its meal ingredients whenever possible
- The company embraces the “pura vida” lifestyle, which the company’s founders discovered while living in Costa Rica
The end result is healthful, premium-quality cuisine that’s high in nutrients, low in calories, and delivers the ultimate in freshness.
What to Expect on Veestro’s Website
It’s easy to become a Veestro customer. Here’s all you do:
- Head to the company’s website and pick your meal plan
- Choose from auto-delivery or a-la-carte single-order service
- Choose the number of meals you want delivered
- If you opt for auto-delivery, choose a delivery frequency: weekly, every two weeks, or every four weeks
Customers who arrange auto-delivery enjoy pricing discounts and free delivery. Single-order deliveries incur a modest delivery charge.
Veestro will then ship your order to your door. Orders are dispatched daily from Tuesday through Friday, and they usually take one to three days to reach their destination. Delivery times vary based on when you place your order and where you live.
On delivery day, you will find your meals sitting in a specially insulated container topped with dry ice to preserve their frozen freshness. Veestro urges customers to be careful about handling dry ice, but in most cases, the cooling agent will have evaporated by delivery time, making it perfectly safe.
From there, all you do is place your meals in the freezer. When you’re ready to eat, pop your entree in the microwave and heat it for the amount of time indicated on the packaging. No matter what you’ve ordered, you’ll be ready to eat in five minutes or less, with no cleanup and very little waste.
Veestro features three meal plans:
- A-la-carte: You can hand-pick your meal from dozens of tempting options.
- Chef’s Choice: Explore pre-selected, chef-approved options in three different categories: Customer Favorites, High Protein, and Gluten-Free.
- Weight Loss: These calorie-reduced meals are packed with healthy nutrients. Choose a five-day or seven-day plan, each with three meals and less than 1,200 calories a day.
Here’s how pricing breaks down, starting with the A-la-carte menu:
- A 10-meal order starts as low as $11.70 per meal
- A 20-meal order starts as low as $10.80 per meal
- A 30-meal order starts as low as $9.90 per meal
With the Chef’s Choice menu, you can get:
- 10 meals for $117 ($11.70 per meal)
- 20 meals for $216 ($10.80 per meal)
- 30 meals for $297 ($9.90 per meal)
Pricing for the Weight Loss menu breaks down like this:
- A five-day, 15-meal plan costs $175.50 ($11.70 per meal)
- A seven-day, 21-meal plan costs $226.80 ($10.80 per meal)
Free shipping is also included with every Chef’s Choice and Weight Loss meal plan order.
The Bottom Line
Veestro is perfect for busy people looking for an easy way to eat better, reduce their meat intake, and lose weight without constantly counting calories. It’s also the ideal meal delivery option for vegetarians, vegans, and people with other special dietary restrictions that a lot of competitors don’t do much to address.
Thanks to its commitment-free plans, it’s also easy as pie to give Veestro a try. Customers rave about its delicious meals, which draw on exotic and international influences to create a varied and rich set of options, especially for lunch and dinner.
At the end of the day, Veestro does a lot of things right, and most customers only have minor quibbles with the service. It earns high marks and is well worth a try if you’re seeking a convenient and hassle-free path to a healthier lifestyle.