Green Chef is the top meal kit service for eating well.
In Green Chef’s case, eating well doesn’t just mean a menu packed full of delicious and diverse meals. It also means eating and living green.
As the first USDA-certified organic company in its category, Green Chef works closely with farmers and food manufacturers who reinvest in the environment to source wholesome, clean, sustainable, and high-quality ingredients for all of its meals.
While many other meal kit services at Green Chef’s price point don’t accommodate food-related lifestyles, Green Chef offers a variety of meal plans for virtually any lifestyle, including keto, plant-powered, and paleo.
The best part? They do all the hard work. From designing the menu to chopping the veggies, Green Chef does the heavy lifting. All you have to do is cook, eat, and enjoy.
So that’s Green Chef in a nutshell. Now, let’s see how Green Chef stacks up in each of the following categories:
- How It Works
- Features / What You Get
How It Works
Having a home-cooked on your dinner table and ready to eat can be achieved with Green Chef in three easy steps:
Choose from their wide variety of deliciously clean meal plans, with options to feed two people or a family of four.
The ingredients that make up each of your chosen meals come pre-measured and prepped, saving you time. All you have to do is follow easy step-by-step instructions with photos.
That’s it! Now enjoy the tasty, restaurant-worthy meal you cooked.
Green Chef’s pricing is based on the plan you choose and how many people will be eating each dinner.
Below is how each plan breaks down pricing-wise.
2-Person Plan: 1 box contains 3 dinners for 2 people (6 meals/servings total per box).
Keto: $12.99 per meal.
Paleo: $12.99 per meal.
Balanced-Living: $11.99 per meal.
Plant-Powered: starting at $9.99 per meal.
Family Plan: 1 box contains 2 dinners for a family of four, served family-style for parents and kids (8 meals/servings total per box).
Family Plan: $10.99 per meal.
Keep in mind that the prices above do not include any applicable sales tax or Green Chef’s flat shipping and handling fee of $7.99 per box.
All prices above are in USD currency.
Features / What You Get
Here is an idea of what exactly you get in each box delivered to you by Green Chef:
- PREPPED INGREDIENTS & SIGNATURE SAUCES: Organic ingredients in each box have no GMOs, toxic pesticides, irradiation, sewage sludge, antibiotics, growth hormones, or steroids. Ingredients come pre-measured and prepped along with pre-made sauces, marinades, and spice blends. Their pre-made sauces are crafted in-house to complement and highlight each meal.
- EASY RECIPES: Recipes are quick and easy, with step-by-step instructions, chef’s tips, and photos. Ready in just about 30 minutes. Each dinner has a recipe card with simple instructions that guide you to a perfectly prepared meal. Ingredients are also color-coded per recipe, so organizing them in your fridge is easy. When it’s time to cook, simply match the color of the recipe card with the colored stickers on each ingredient.
- ECO-FRIENDLY PACKAGING: All ingredients are hand-packed so they arrive fresh and unharmed at your door. Green Chef is committed to continuously innovating to provide eco-friendly packaging that protects your food’s quality and safety.
In terms of the options available for filling your boxes, as already mentioned, 99% of Green Chef’s meals are certified organic.
In addition to this, Green Chef’s meals accommodate virtually any dietary lifestyle you can think of, including:
KETO: Satisfying, low-carb, gluten-free dinners for making keto less complicated.
PALEO: Recipes packed with the high-quality protein you want, without any gluten, grain, dairy, or soy.
BALANCED LIVING: Diverse, flexible menu with plenty of choices for meat, seafood, and vegetarian dinners.
PLANT-POWERED: Perfect for vegetarians and vegans.
If you don’t see your lifestyle covered above, you can find out more about whether they cover your dietary lifestyle by getting in touch with Green Chef.
As a customer of Green Chef, you’re able to edit:
- The individual meals from week to week.
- The number of boxes you want to receive for a specific week (helpful if you’re having company over or need to feed more people for just one week).
- How many weekly deliveries you want (monthly, bi-weekly, etc.).
- Your delivery days (the days on which you receive your meals).
- Any weeks you want to skip (you can skip up to 5 weeks and you won’t be charged for the weeks you decide to skip).
- Whether you want to continue your subscription (there is no commitment and you can cancel any time before your weekly deadline).
Because Green Chef partners with local and regional farms to source their ingredients in advance, any changes must be made before your weekly deadline, which is 7 days prior to delivery at 11:59 pm ET.
Green Chef delivers almost everywhere in the continental United States.
The only current exceptions are Alaska, Hawaii, and parts of Louisiana.
Green Chef still encourages people who live in these uncovered areas to sign up as Green Chef will notify them when delivery in these areas become available.
People working during the day can rest assured knowing Green Chef doesn’t require a signature upon your package arriving. Although, if you’d prefer, you can also choose to have your package delivered to your workplace instead of your home.
Day and Time of Delivery
Boxes are delivered Monday through Saturday and you can even choose which day you want your boxes delivered (different days will be available for delivery depending on where you live).
Depending on the carrier, according to Green Chef, you can expect deliveries between 8 AM and 9 PM.
All of Green Chef’s packaging is made from recyclable, reusable, and/or compostable materials – except where they can’t get around it for food safety reasons.
For example, their tofu is sent in vacuum-sealed plastic wrapping to ensure you get the freshest experience and best taste possible.
Their insulation and packed ingredients are rigorously tested to ensure that they maintain excellent condition up until they reach your front door. Still, on the day your box arrives, they advise that perishable items be refrigerated by the end of the day to maintain freshness.
While their packaging is designed to handle unexpected delays, and your ingredients should all arrive in great condition, if your box does not arrive cool to the touch and at a safe temperature of 40 degrees or below, Green Chef suggests you contact their team at email@example.com.
Every week, Green Chef will send you tracking information via email once your package has shipped. This tracking number will let you follow your box from its departure until it arrives at your door.
Green Chef is an easy way to save money, live green, and cut your expensive takeout habits in half.
Plus, you can impress friends and family by cooking the meals yourself thanks to Green Chef’s easy-to-follow recipe cards!
If worry-free, restaurant-quality meals that save you time and money sound appealing, then Green Chef is the right choice for you.