Freshly Review: Meal Delivery Service
Freshly is a weekly subscription meal service that delivers fresh (not frozen) prepared meals. The company relies on a team of expert chefs and nutritionists to constantly develop delicious and nutritious meals that are ready to eat in minutes. In this Freshly review, we’ll dig into the details to help you decide if it’s the right option for you.
Unlike many other meal prep services that require you to actually make the meal yourself, Freshly delivers your meals already-made. So, you get the benefit of enjoying home-cooked meals with no shopping, chopping, or clean-up required on your part. Upon delivery, all you need to do is heat up your meal.
What really makes Freshly unique, however, is its ability to provide pre-made meals without compromising quality or freshness. It sources high-quality ingredients and makes sure every meal that’s delivered is nutrient-dense and as fresh as possible.
Pros and Cons of Freshly
- Makes meal planning easy
- Rotating weekly menu ensures variety
- Meals are calorie-conscious and nutritious
- Menu is entirely gluten- and peanut-free
- Flexible plans work for individuals and families
- Limited vegan or vegetarian options
- No breakfast or snacks
What Does Freshly Offer?
Freshly offers a variety of healthy meals. To do so, the company keeps your weekly menu interesting with its weekly recipe rotation. All of the meals are a single serving and meant to feed an average adult. Plus, it provides the peace of mind that every meal is gluten- and peanut-free. The company creates all of its meals with the following three things in mind:
- Sugar-conscious: Freshly considers both the amount of sugar used and the source.
- Fewer processed foods: Freshly uses real, whole foods.
- More nutrients: Freshly ups your nutrient intake with clever swaps and well-balanced recipes.
Meals consist of multiple food groups, so you’re getting a wide range of macronutrients (carbs, proteins, fats) and micronutrients (vitamins, minerals, antioxidants). Freshly’s goal is to make it easy to eat healthier, so portion control is also factored in. According to Freshly, on average, its weekly rotation of 30+ dishes includes:
- Under 500 calories: 20+ meals
- Under 35 grams of carbs: 8–10 meals
- Dairy-free: 8–10 meals
- Paleo-friendly: About 4 meals
- Vegetarian: About 4 meals
Not only does Freshly create and deliver your meals, but it even prepares them for you — 99% of the way. After your meals arrive, all you need to do is heat them up in your microwave for three minutes. That’s it!
What To Expect on the Site
You’ll notice this section is quite short, and that’s because of how easy the Freshly website is to use. Freshly works in a few simple steps:
- Enter your email address and zip code to get started.
- Choose your meal plan from 4 to 12 meals per week.
- Select your meals from the menu of 30+ all-natural dishes.
- Freshly’s team of chefs cook and deliver your fresh meals.
- Receive your meals and heat them up in just 3 minutes.
- Eat your meals and repeat, skipping a week or canceling at any time.
Another key detail to mention is that the Freshly website allows you to sort the menu with five filters: Crafted classics, signature collection, FreshlyFit, takeout twists, and proteins & sides. So, you can quickly find meals that fit your needs in step three.
Here’s a breakdown of what you can expect to pay for different Freshly plans:
- 4 meals per week @ $11.49 each = $45.96/week
- 6 meals per week @ $9.49 each = $56.94/week
- 10 meals per week @ $8.99 each = $89.90/week
- 12 meals per week @ $8.49 each = $101.88/week
So, the more meals per week, the less each meal costs. Additionally, it’s worth noting that there’s no commitment required. You can change your preferences or even cancel your subscription at any time. For each individual week, you can view and edit your:
- Number of meals
- Types of meals
- Delivery day
- Delivery address
The company says that there is a small shipping fee. However, it doesn’t provide a specific shipping cost until checkout.
What People Are Saying About Freshly
Overall, Freshly has incredibly positive customer feedback. For example, Freshly has an excellent Trustpilot score as of June 2021. Based on more than 10,000 customers who shared a Freshly review, the company has a score of 4.9 out of 5 stars:
- 82% of customer reviews give Freshly 5 out 5 stars
- 93% of customer reviews give Freshly at least 4 out of 5 stars
Additionally, Freshly is accredited by the Better Business Bureau and has an A rating. On the BBB website, the company also has a great customer score. Based on nearly 300 customers who left a Freshly review, the company has a score of 4.63 out of 5 stars.
The Bottom Line
Freshly is a meal prep service that successfully bridges the gap between home-cooked deliciousness and convenience. As mentioned in this Freshly review, the company combines the expertise of its chefs and nutritionists to produce delicious and nutritious meals week after week.
So, if you want to cut down on takeout or simply make eating healthy easier, then include Freshly in your comparison of the best meal delivery services.