Fresh and Easy Review
Fresh and Easy is a popular plan from Home Chef, a well-known meal delivery company that operates nationally in the United States. As its name suggests, the Fresh and Easy plan is designed to make nutritious and healthy eating an everyday convenience.
The meal plan is built around carefully selected premium ingredients, all of which are pre-cooked and delivered in compact packaging. Customers simply need to heat their meals when they’re ready to eat, and all Fresh and Easy dishes are ready in mere minutes.
Let’s look closely at Fresh and Easy in order to see whether it may be a good choice for you.
Pros and Cons of Fresh and Easy
- Meals are ready in minutes
- No additional pots or pans needed
- Tasty, flavorful, and healthy meal options
- No vegan or paleo options
- Relatively new meal service
What Does Fresh and Easy Offer?
Fresh and Easy offers three main types of meals:
- Meals that can be microwaved in a few minutes or baked in 20-30 minutes
- Oven-ready meals that require simple reheating and are ready in 25-50 minutes
- Grill-ready meal kits that ask you to combine ingredients in provided bags before grilling
- 15-minute meal kits overflowing with fresh, flavorful ingredients
Here’s a sample of the types of meals you can expect to find from Fresh and Easy:
- BBQ ranch chicken with cheesy potatoes and corn
- Tuscan chicken with roasted grape tomatoes and crispy zucchini
- Stone mustard and pecan-crusted pork chops with parmesan butternut squash
- Roasted red pepper spinach salad
- Sesame grilled chicken with broccoli and snap peas
- Cheesy steak pizza-baked rigatoni
- Hatch Chile pork burger with Elotes-style corn
The Fresh and Easy plan includes meat-based meals, fish-based meals, and vegetarian meals. Home Chef’s Fresh and Easy eating plan doesn’t support vegan or paleo options and it is uncertain whether or not the company plans to introduce them. Unfortunately, customers who follow kosher and halal diets face a similar lack of options.
What To Expect on the Site
Begin the signup process by clicking on the “Get Started” button on the Fresh and Easy website. You’ll be taken to a page that asks for the following details.
1. Choose your plan:
- Fresh and Easy no-prep meals
- Home Chef meal kits
2. Select your dietary preference (if you have either):
3. Select any foods you want to avoid (if any)
- Tree nuts
4. Choose how people you cook for:
5. Select how many recipes you want per week:
Fresh and Easy then asks for your contact and billing information. After that, you can then pick your meals from their ready-to-go selections.
Pricing is calculated per-meal, and it varies depending on the meals you choose. Meals start at $6.99 each. Most are priced at $9.95, but your actual costs will depend on your food and customization preferences.
Shipping is free for first-time customers. After that, it costs $10 per delivery unless the value of your order is $49 or more before applicable taxes.
What People Are Saying About Fresh and Easy
Since Home Chef owns and operates Fresh and Easy, let’s take a look at what customers have to say about Home Chef. As of November 2021, Home Chef has a Trustpilot score of 3.8 out of 5 stars. This great score is based on the thoughts of nearly 3,000 customers who’ve left reviews.
- 68% of those reviews rate Home Chef with 5 out of 5 stars
- 88% of those reviews rate Home Chef with 4 or more stars
The Bottom Line
If you’re looking for a varied lineup of delicious no-prep meals, then Fresh and Easy stacks up as a great meal delivery option. Home Chef has a strong reputation for customer satisfaction, so you can get a similar level of service plus the convenience of heat-and-eat meals with Fresh and Easy. Microwave your meals or bake them in your oven — either way, getting a healthy meal on the table is easier than ever. You may find that it’s the right fit for you as you compare top meal delivery services.