Blue Apron Review
Blue Apron delivers flavorful, low-cost meal kits directly to your front door in ice-packed, insulated boxes. At mealtime, simply follow the quick, easy instructions. Then dig into your restaurant-quality meal for a fraction of the price you’d pay to eat out.
Customers rave about Blue Apron’s affordable costs, but how do its meals stack up against the competition? Let’s take a deep dive to see what the company is all about.
Pros and Cons of Blue Apron
- Step-by-step recipes that are easy to follow
- Great variety of chef-designed meals
- Uses high-quality, responsibly sourced ingredients
- Perfectly portioned meals eliminate waste
- Offers WW-approved recipes for a balanced diet
- Also has vegetarian and diabetes-friendly recipes
- Most meal plans include free shipping
- Optional Blue Apron wine program available
- Limited options for those with food allergies
- Vegan and paleo diet plans aren’t available
What Does Blue Apron Offer?
Blue Apron provides fresh, ready-to-make meal kits to your doorstep. Even if you have a hectic schedule, the company makes it easy to enjoy healthy, delicious homemade meals. All deliveries come ice-packed in insulated containers. This measure guarantees the contents remain flash-frozen until you pop them in your freezer.
When you’re ready to eat, simply follow the detailed preparation instructions. Blue Apron provides easy-to-follow directions with every kit. So, no advanced cooking skills are required. Preparation times vary from one meal to the next, but every meal is designed to be ready to eat within minutes.
Whenever possible, Blue Apron also chooses ingredients certified as organic by the U.S. Department of Agriculture. And if you have questions about animal welfare, then you can rest assured that Blue Apron purchases its meat from providers who maintain high standards. The company also adheres to the “five freedoms” of ethical meat sourcing. Animals are free from:
- Hunger, thirst, and malnutrition
- Distress and fear
- Discomfort and extreme temperatures
- Pain, injury, or disease
- Engage in normal behavior
What To Expect on the Site
The Blue Apron website is straightforward and easy to navigate. Here’s the simple 3-step process to set up an order:
- Create an account: Provide basic personal details and specify the delivery address to which you want your meal kits delivered.
- Choose your plan: Decide whether you want two, three, or four recipes delivered each week. Each recipe includes two standard servings.
- Choose your menu: Blue Apron offers a Signature lineup of meals, a Vegetarian menu, and a Wellness menu for carb- and calorie-conscious customers.
Additionally, if you choose the Signature plan, then you can expand your plan to include four servings instead of two. This option is handy for busy families who want to eat well on the go.
Once you’ve confirmed these basic details, Blue Apron prompts you to choose your meals. The company updates its menus all the time, adding fresh picks to a rotating lineup of popular favorites. You’ll have some leeway to personalize your order, as Blue Apron can customize menus according to certain dietary and food preferences.
Each week, you can choose the meals for your next delivery. If you want to skip a week or cancel your subscription, you can do so at any time. There’s no penalty as long as your next order hasn’t been processed yet.
Meals come with flat-rate pricing, and free shipping is included with most plans. As of March 2021, Blue Apron pricing breaks down as follows:
- Signature plans for two cost $9.99 per meal
- Signature plans for four cost $8.99 per meal
- Vegetarian plans cost $9.99 per meal
- Wellness plans cost $9.99 per meal
What People Are Saying About Blue Apron
Blue Apron has a great Trustpilot rating. As of March 2021, the company has a rating of 4.1 out of 5 stars based on more than 3,300 customer reviews:
- 50% of customers gave Blue Apron 5 out of 5
- 80% of customers gave Blue Apron at least 4 out of 5
In general, customers note that Blue Apron meals are affordable, delicious, and easy to make. Customers also note that Blue Apron provides prompt and friendly customer service.
The Bottom Line
Blue Apron has earned rave reviews: meals are delicious, easy to prepare, and ready in mere minutes. So, it’s especially useful for busy individuals and families. If you don’t have much time to cook, Blue Apron makes it easy to eat well.
For these reasons, Blue Apron is a great option to consider as you look into the best meal delivery services.