Founded in 2008, PlushBeds is an online mattress company that specializes in all-natural latex mattresses. Fast forward to today, PlushBeds has become one of America’s largest manufacturers of natural and organic latex mattresses. The company also offers other types of specialized mattresses, including memory foam Mattresses, sofa bed mattresses, and RV mattresses.
Let’s take a closer look at the pros and cons of choosing a PlushBeds mattress.
Pros and Cons of PlushBeds
- Uses certified organic and natural materials
- Carries a variety of mattress options to make customizing easy
- Offers a risk-free trial for 100 nights
- Provides free shipping and free returns
- All purchases include a 25-year manufacturer’s warranty
- Earn a $50 Amazon gift card with the referral program
- Latex mattresses don’t typically have as much contour as some mattresses, so that may not be your preference
- Some people find that the mattresses are heavy and challenging to move
What Kinds of Mattresses Does PlushBeds Offer?
For the sake of this review, we’ll focus solely on PlushBeds’ natural and organic Latex line of mattresses. There are three models to choose from: Botanical Bliss, Luxury Bliss, and Natural Bliss.
To understand the differences between these three mattresses, see the comparison below:
|Mattress||If You Want...||Construction||Special Features|
How Compatible Are PlushBeds Mattresses?
While PlushBeds mattresses naturally work best with a PlushBeds base, they will work on any hard surface, such as a box spring, foundation, slats, platform bed, or an adjustable base. If you do want a PlushBeds frame, you can choose from a variety of different adjustable bases, headboards, foundations, and frames on their website.
What Accessories Does PlushBeds Offer?
If you’re looking for more than just a mattress, you’re in luck — PlushBeds also offers a wide array of sleep-related accessories. These accessories include:
This all-encompassing selection of products makes PlushBeds a great option for complete makeovers and furnishing new homes.
Are PlushBeds Mattresses Sustainable?
PlushBeds’ material quality and sustainability factor are what really set it apart from other mattress companies. After all, as the company proudly boasts on its website, “less than 1% of mattresses can match [their] purity certifications.”
To give you an idea of just how seriously PlushBeds takes sustainability and its use of premium materials, consider all of the certifications they list on their website:
- Certified Organic Latex: PlushBeds’ pure 100% organic latex is superior in quality and meets the most stringent organic standards of the Global Organic Latex Standard (GOLS), for pure, healthy, and non-toxic sleep.
- GOTS Certified Organic Cotton: Certified organic by the Global Organic Textile Standard, our organic cotton is manufactured using the best practices in environment and social responsibility.
- GOTS Certified Organic Wool: Certified organic by the Global Organic Textile Standard, our organic wool is manufactured using the best practices in environment and social responsibility.
- Certified Organic Latex, Organic Cotton, and Organic Wool: PlushBeds’ organic latex, organic cotton, and organic wool materials meet the most stringent organic standards for pure, comfortable sleep.
- GreenGuard Gold Certified: Cleaner air, better sleep. Rest easier knowing your mattress isn’t emitting harmful chemicals into your home.
- Oeko-Tex Standard 100 Certified: Oeko-Tex® certification ensures that your new mattress is made from the highest quality hypoallergenic and non-toxic materials available.
- eco-INSTITUT Certified: Certified as non-toxic by the renowned eco-INSTITUT, this mattress is guaranteed free of harmful gasses and other high-risk allergens.
- Control Union Certified: Approved for sustainability, PlushBeds only use materials that are eco-friendly and minimize our carbon footprint.
- Forest Stewardship Council Certified: All wood used is sourced from sustainable forests, ensuring responsible use and conservation of woodlands.
Does PlushBeds Offer a Free Trial?
PlushBeds offers a very generous 100-night at-home trial. If within 100 nights (but after 30 days) you realize that you’re not happy with your mattress, you can arrange for curbside pickup of your mattress and get a full refund of your purchase price.
How Much Do PlushBeds Mattresses Cost?
You can expect to pay more or less depending on the specific mattress you choose, as well as which size and height you require, but the table below gives you an idea of how much each type of mattress costs.
|Mattress||Botanical Bliss||Luxury Bliss||Natural Bliss|
PlushBeds also offers financing options for those who aren’t able to pay everything upfront. Through this financing, you can pay as little as $59 per month for your mattress. This financing option also applies to some of PlushBeds’s more expensive accessories.
All purchases also come with a 25-year manufacturer’s warranty.
The Bottom Line
With an aim to create mattresses that aren’t only healthy for the environment but also for the people who sleep on them, PlushBeds has spent the last 12 years acquiring nearly every purity certification available. Combine this with a generous 100-night at-home trial, a variety of latex mattresses to suit different sleeping needs and budgets, plus the ability to finance your mattress with payments as low as $59 per month, PlushBeds emerges as an all-around good option.
As you consider which mattress brand is right for you, it’s worth checking out PlushBeds for comfortable, healthy, eco-friendly, and affordable mattresses.