Recent years have seen growing interest in teledentistry, and Candid has emerged as a leading company in the invisible braces industry. On its website, Candid claims to permanently straighten patients’ teeth in an average treatment time of just six months. Patients never need to set foot in a dental office, as all orthodontic checkups take place remotely.
More and more adults are seeking orthodontic treatments to correct their smiles. Invisible braces are particularly attractive to adults, as they are much less noticeable than traditional braces. They also cause far less irritation than regular braces and issues like pain are extremely rare.
So, what sets Candid apart? In this review, we’ll answer that and many other questions you may have about Candid’s invisible braces.
Pros and Cons of Candid
- Candid only works with licensed orthodontists
- Offers an appealing balance of affordability and value
- Provides free retainers to maintain permanent results
- Customer service doesn’t offer video chat or live online chat
- Some may prefer in-person appointments to remote orthodontist sessions
What Does Candid Offer?
Candid is an invisible braces company that offers advanced remote monitoring. While some competitors work with both orthodontists and dentists, Candid only works with orthodontic specialists. So, your regular teledentistry sessions will be with an orthodontist. In order to earn licensure, orthodontists must undergo an average of seven years of specialized training. On the other hand, general dentists only need four years.
Candid specializes in clear aligners custom-made for your teeth. These trays work by gently pushing your teeth toward their final, straightened alignment. Since Candid aligners are discreet and removable, you can:
- Confidently go about your life without worrying about people noticing braces
- Eat certain foods that are too hard for braces
- Brush, floss, and rinse your teeth without braces getting in the way
How Does the Candid System Work?
Candid patients follow three easy steps to a better smile:
- Request an impression kit: Upon receiving it, follow the instructions provided to take impressions of your teeth. Then one of Candid’s orthodontists reviews your case.
- Make your treatment plan: If your Candid orthodontist determines that you’re a good candidate for the company’s invisible braces, you’ll be asked to authorize your treatment plan. Once that’s set, the company orders all of the custom dental trays you’ll need to complete your treatment.
- Get a straighter smile: After receiving them, use your dental trays as directed. You’ll want to move onto new trays when you’re told to.
At-Home Impression Kits vs. Candid Studio Scans
As an alternative to taking your own impressions, you can also visit the nearest Candid Studio. At these facilities, Candid’s dental professionals can answer questions and take a 3D scan of your teeth. This is an easy, commitment-free way to evaluate your candidacy.
There are Candid Studios across the country. As of March 2021, there are Candid Studios in a variety of cities, including:
- Los Angeles
- New York City
- Washington, D.C.
How Long Does the Candid Treatment Process Take?
Most Candid patients achieve permanent results in about six months. However, depending on the nature of your condition and your expectations for the final results, your treatment plan could last up to about one year.
Like many invisible braces companies, Candid charges a flat rate to all patients. As of March 2021, pricing breaks down as follows:
- Impression kit: $95 (receive a full refund if you aren’t a candidate)
- All-inclusive one-time payment: $2,400
- Monthly payment plan: $99 per month, plus $399 down payment
If your dental insurance plan covers orthodontic treatments, your policy may pay for part or all of the cost of your invisible braces.
What People Are Saying About Candid
As of March 2021, Candid has an excellent Trustpilot rating. To sum up the customer feedback, Candid received 4.3 out of 5 stars. Additionally, customers rate Candid 4.8 out of 5 stars on the company’s website. Candid appears to have a very solid customer satisfaction record. Patients responded particularly positively to having direct supervision by a licensed orthodontist every step of the way.
The Bottom Line
While Candid’s price point may not be as rock-bottom as some competitors, patients can also get more bang for their buck. Candid offers advanced remote monitoring from a team composed entirely of licensed orthodontists. So, you can rest assured that seasoned experts will oversee your treatment.
For this reason, Candid is a good option to consider as you compare the best invisible braces companies.