New American Funding Review
If you’re looking for the perfect home loan for your needs, then New American Funding may be a good fit. Since it offers such a wide array of loans — fixed, adjustable, and government-backed options — New American Funding can help a variety of people become homeowners. In order to give a full picture, we’ve dug into the details to see what New American Funding offers and what customers think in reviews.
The California-based mortgage lender was founded in 2003. Since then, the company has made a name for itself as a hassle-free option. In addition to its variety of loans, New American Funding also offers educational resources on its website. It’s also worth noting that the company believes in giving back. It supports causes like Big Brothers Big Sisters, Mercy House, Toys for Tots, and WHW.
Pros and Cons of New American Funding
- Flexible “I Can” mortgage program
- Wide range of loans, including government-backed loans
- Uses manual underwriting to assess creditworthiness
- Offers 24/7 customer service to its customers
- No automatic online quote
- Doesn’t offer home equity loans or HELOCs
What Does New American Funding Offer?
New American Funding offers a full suite of mortgage loans:
- Conventional: Loans that conform to the limit of $450,350 for a single-unit dwelling (in most areas). Options include fixed-rate and adjustable-rate mortgages.
- FHA: Loans with lower down payment requirements and flexible credit guidelines.
- VA: Loans with low or no down payment, flexible credit guidelines for eligible members of our armed forces.
- USDA: Loans with no down payment, no monthly private mortgage insurance, flexible credit guidelines.
- Jumbo: Loans that exceed the conforming limit of $450,350 for a single-unit dwelling (in most areas).
- Cash-Out Refinance: Allows homeowners to borrow against their home’s equity to take out money for expenses like home improvements.
- Cash-In Refinance: Allows borrowers to reduce the loan amount owed.
Additionally, New American Funding offers flexibility with its “I Can” program. This program allows homebuyers to choose any mortgage term from eight to 30 years. New American Funding says the program works with your budget and addresses both your current and future needs.
In order to educate homebuyers and homeowners, New American Funding also offers free tools and resources. So, you can use the site to check mortgage rates and use a mortgage calculator. The calculator can help you estimate your monthly payments with current rates.
What To Expect on the Site
Even though New American Funding doesn’t provide instant online quotes, the process is still incredibly straightforward. In order to get a quote, first, complete a brief online application. After you click on the “Purchase” button, New American Funding asks a few questions, including:
- Is this your first time buying a home?
- When do you plan to purchase?
- How would you rate your credit?
- What’s the estimated purchase price?
- What’s your email address and phone number?
At this point, a New American Funding team member will reach out with your personalized quote.
While there’s no indication on its site of the fees New American Funding charges, you’ll see fee estimates before moving forward with an offer. In order to get a full picture of the cost, get a free quote. Your custom quote will include your proposed loan’s estimated fees and APR.
What People Are Saying About New American Funding
On Trustpilot, customer reviews give New American Funding positive marks. As of June 2021, it has a great Trustpilot rating of 4 out of 5 stars:
- 75% of customer reviews give it 5 out of 5 stars
- 80% of customer reviews give it at least 4 out of 5 stars
Customers say it’s timely and efficient, and a few reviews mentioned that New American Funding approved them for a loan after other lenders had denied them.
The Bottom Line
If the process of getting a mortgage seems complicated, then New American Funding can offer a helping hand. Since the company has a wide range of loans with flexible terms, it can meet the needs of many homebuyers.
Even though it’s one of the largest lenders in the country, New American Funding is still a family-owned business at heart. It offers a personal touch and can guide you through the entire mortgage process.
So, New American Funding is worth including in your search for top mortgage lenders.