Founded in 2017, Branch Insurance is an online insurance agency that offers insurance for single-family homes, apartments, and auto in select states. Through Branch’s services, you can expect to find all of your standard kinds of home insurance coverage—dwelling, liability, and personal property coverage—as well as plenty of additional coverage options.
All policies are underwritten by either Branch Insurance Exchange, which is owned by its member policyholders and has an “excellent”, A rating by Demotech, or General Security National Insurance Company, which is rated A+ by AM Best. Beyond this, customers can take advantage of plenty of discounts and bundling options.
With the company’s leadership having an average of 14 years of experience in the industry, highly-rated underwriters, A+ rated reinsurance partner (SCOR), and accreditation from the Better Business Bureau, Branch checks many boxes you want to see in a comprehensive insurance provider.
What’s Available on Branch Insurance?
With Branch, you can insure apartments and single-family homes with the following kinds of coverage:
- Dwelling Coverage: Helps pay to rebuild and repair physical aspects of your home if they get damaged by a covered loss.
- Personal Property Coverage: Includes furniture, clothes, media, electronics, jewelry, and other items in and around your home.
- Personal Liability Coverage: Protects you from personal, financial responsibility should someone be injured or something you don’t own be damaged in your home or on your property.
- Other Structures Coverage: Coverage for buildings that exist on your property that are attached to the ground but not to your home. This could include a tool shed, in-ground pool, your garage, or even a doghouse.
- Medical Expenses Coverage: For guests in your home who experience injury as a result of property damage.
- Additional Living Expenses Coverage: If your home is uninhabitable due to a covered loss and you need somewhere to live until you’re back on stable footing, this coverage covers the cost of a hotel, Airbnb, or other temporary housing, up to the limits stated in your policy.
You can also opt for additional coverage options, including:
- Roof Surfaces Extended Coverage: Roofs can take a beating. This coverage extends your existing roof coverage to cover the replacement cost if you have to replace your roof altogether.
- Incremental Coverage: In the world of insurance, padding is always welcome. This kind of coverage Increases your standard dwelling coverage above the replacement cost to make sure you’re covered even if the cost to rebuild is higher than expected.
- Water Backup Coverage: If indoor water flooding results from plumbing issues and/or sump pump backups, this coverage handles that.
- Homeshare Coverage: This coverage makes sure you’re covered when renting out your home through a homeshare or vacation rental service, such as Airbnb.
- Valuable Property Coverage: If want additional coverage for your property or belongings, such as your yard, garden, musical instruments, sports equipment, or silverware, this is a coverage option to consider.
- Scheduled Personal Property Coverage: This coverage is for specific belongings of high value, such as jewelry, antiques, or art.
- Personal Umbrella Coverage: Cover all of your bases by getting additional liability coverage through personal umbrella coverage.
How It Works
Getting your home insurance with Branch is very simple. All you need to do is navigate to the home insurance page under “Coverages,” and then click on the orange “Get My Price” button. You’ll then be prompted to provide some information. While you can get a quote by providing only your name and address, to get an accurate price, you should be prepared to provide your claims history, credit information, and the amount of coverage you want.
In terms of filing a claim with Branch, the process goes like this:
- You file a claim
- You immediately meet your Claims Guide
- Your Claims Guide keeps you informed throughout the process
- As soon as your case is finalized, your Claims Guide will let you know
You have the choice to file your claim through the Branch app, online on the company’s website, or over the phone. Regardless of the method you choose, you can rely on your Claims Guide to provide support at any step along the way.
Who Qualifies for Discounts through Branch Insurance?
There are three ways in which you can qualify for home insurance discounts through Branch:
- My Community: While other insurance companies also offer referral discounts, the “My Community” program that Branch offers is unique—people don’t even need to make a purchase through your Branch referral link. As long as someone visits Branch for the first time through your link and checks their insurance price, you can get a $25 Amazon gift card. You can also earn discounts off your insurance as long as you both remain customers. This program is currently available in select states.
- Community Pledge: This is another unique discount offered by Branch. Basically, as part of Branch’s “Community Pledge” program, you can ask other Branch customers to vouch that they believe you would not commit insurance fraud. You can then earn 1% to 5% off of your insurance as long as you both remain Branch customers. This discount is currently available in select states.
- Bundle and Save: By purchasing both home and auto policies together, Branch says you can save an average of $517 annually.
Pros and Cons
- Simple online quote process
- Variety of discounts and perks
- Coverage for most common (and not-so-common) home-related risks
- A-rated underwriters and reinsurance partners
- File claims online, through the Branch app, or over the phone
- Only available in Arizona, Texas, Missouri, Illinois, Indiana, and Ohio
- Required deductibles in some areas
Branch leverages a combination of seasoned human experience and innovative technology to provide you with home insurance coverage from trusted and financially stable underwriters and reinsurance partners. If you reside in one of Branch’s covered states, you can apply online in a matter of minutes, select from a wide variety of coverage options, and receive coverage quickly. Plus, you have the convenience of filing a claim online, through Branch’s mobile app, or over the phone. As the cherry on top, you can qualify for discounts through one of Branch’s many discount and bundling options. If you’re ready for the next chapter in easy online home insurance, Branch is well worth checking out.