National DR Review
National DR can help people resolve debt problems without bankruptcy. Among other things, their professional debt experts conduct financial consultations, educate consumers, recommend the appropriate debt solution and deal with creditors on your behalf.
Since 2009, National DR has helped more than 100,000 customers get out of debt. It’s also worth noting that National DR doesn’t pressure people into the program. Instead, it makes sure people know that they always have the option to tackle their debt themselves. National DR even provides a step-by-step guide if that’s something you’re interested in.
In order to help you decide if National DR is right for you, let’s take a closer look at the program. In this review, we’ll dig into the pros and cons, steps of the process, and more.
Pros and Cons of National DR
- No upfront fees
- Free consultation
- A+ BBB rating
- No mobile app
- Can initially impact credit scores negatively
What Does National DR Offer?
National DR offers a debt program for people struggling to keep up with minimum payments. This program involves working with your creditors. The ultimate goal is to reach an agreement where you repay your debt for less than what you owe.
National DR’s program is intended for people with at least $7,500 in unsecured consumer debt from:
- Credit cards
- Store credit
- Payday loans
- Standard unsecured bank loans
- Private student loans
This doesn’t represent all of National DR’s supported types of debt. So, if you have other types of debt, the company encourages you to reach out.
Alternative Debt Management Approaches:
- Self-Payment Initiative: National DR first makes it clear you always have the option to fix your debt situation on your own. While you won’t have the help of National DR’s experts on your side, this option can save you money. So, you can concentrate all your funds on paying off your debts.
- Consumer Credit Counseling: A second option is consumer credit counseling. Counselors typically spend between 45 minutes and an hour discussing your finances. Depending on how serious your debt is, your counselor may then recommend a debt management plan. This step consists of determining how much you can pay and then working with the creditors.
- Debt Consolidation Loan: While a consolidation or personal loan won’t affect your total balance, consolidating your debts into one manageable account helps in a few ways. It can get you a lower interest rate, a lower monthly payment, and one monthly payment.
What To Expect on the Site
National DR’s goal is to help people get debt-free without bankruptcy. To do so, the process begins with a quick online form. To illustrate the basic stages of the program, we’ve outlined each step below:
- Get Your Free Quote: Firstly, complete National DR’s online form that asks for your contact information.
- Phone Consultation: Secondly, speak with a National DR team member who contacts you. During this step, the company will assess your debt situation and see if you qualify.
- Make Your Plan and Implement It: Thirdly, your customized plan will be created. Then, the National DR team will work tirelessly on your behalf.
- Become Debt-Free: Finally, the program will end when you reach the point that you no longer have any enrolled debt.
National DR doesn’t charge any upfront fees and there’s no cost to sign up. Plus, initial consultations are free. However, there is a fee once the debt program is successfully completed. National DR says this fee ranges from 15-25% of the total debt enrolled.
Additionally, the company has a money-back guarantee. So, if you’re unsatisfied for any reason before you’ve completed the program, you can cancel without any fees.
What People Are Saying About National DR
As of April 2021, National DR has an excellent Trustpilot rating. It has a rating of 4.7 out of 5 stars based on more than 34,000 customer reviews:
- 85% of customer reviews give it 5 out of 5 stars
- 95% of customer reviews give it at least 4 out of 5 stars
Furthermore, National DR has an A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau. It’s also earned a BBB customer rating of 4.22 out of 5 stars. These BBB ratings are accurate as of April 2021.
The Bottom Line
Since its founding in 2009, National DR has established itself as a trusted debt management company. It’s helped more than 100,000 people get debt-free, earned excellent customer reviews, and received an A+ rating from the BBB. In other words, National DR is highly rated by those who’ve completed the program.
Given these points, National DR is a great option to consider as you compare the best debt consolidation providers.