Gabi launched in 2016 as a free comparison tool specializing in finding home and auto insurance rates. Since then, Gabi has carved out a niche thanks to its novel approach to saving customers money.
The innovative company uses advanced data tools and intelligent algorithms to find rates and coverage options based on your needs. And unlike some comparison tools, Gabi is an online insurance broker and agent. So, you can complete the purchase of a policy on its site.
Let’s dive in to see what Gabi offers and take a look at the pros and cons.
Pros and Cons of Gabi
- Makes comparison shopping for a better price easy
- The site is free, easy to use, and comes with no obligations
- Promises to never sell your data or spam customers
- Helps you cancel your old policy if you switch coverage
- Automatically looks for cheaper insurance at renewal time
- Need to create an account to get rate quotes
- Same-day policy purchases aren’t always available
What Does Gabi Offer?
The Gabi platform asks customers to provide details related to their current auto or home insurance coverage. It then uses proprietary technology to compare your current coverage to offers from competing providers to find a similar policy at a better price. Gabi completes these comparisons in just a few minutes, saving customers not only money but also tedious legwork. Gabi serves customers in all 50 states and D.C.
On the Gabi platform, you can find rate quotes from more than 40 top insurance providers for a variety of auto insurance coverage, including:
- Liability coverage: Mandatory in much of the country, liability coverage comes in two forms: bodily injury liability insurance that covers injuries to other people and property damage liability that covers damage to other people’s property. Note that liability coverage doesn’t protect you or your property.
- Comprehensive and collision coverages: Comprehensive coverage protects your vehicle from theft, weather damage, fire, vandalism, and similar risks. Collision protection covers damage to your car resulting from accidents and driving-related mishaps, even if you’re at fault.
- Medical payments and personal injury protection: These forms of auto insurance cover the costs of treating injuries incurred by you, your passengers, or your family members while driving your vehicle. You’re protected regardless of who was at fault in the accident. PIP protection extends this coverage to the post-hospitalization recovery period and may also apply to your income and other recovery-related expenses.
- Uninsured and underinsured motorist coverage: If you’re injured or your property is damaged by a motorist who wasn’t carrying adequate car insurance, you could be on the hook to cover the associated costs yourself. Fortunately, uninsured and underinsured motorist coverage closes this loophole.
Similarly, Gabi can search its network of insurance companies for several types of home insurance coverage, including:
- Dwelling coverage: This coverage, also known as home structure coverage, gives you protection for the physical structure of your home. It pays to repair or rebuild structures on your property that are damaged by protected perils.
- Personal belongings coverage: As the name suggests, personal belongings coverage is for clothing, furniture, and other items you own within your home. It’s also known as contents coverage.
- Liability coverage: Liability coverage protects you against lawsuits for other’s injuries on your property and accidental damages to someone else’s property that you would be responsible for covering. It’s similar to auto insurance liability coverage.
- Loss of use coverage: Also known as additional living expenses coverage, loss of use coverage protects you if covered events prevent you from being able to stay in your home. It helps pay for costs like hotel rooms and restaurant meals while your home is being repaired or rebuilt.
What To Expect on the Site
Gabi’s user-friendly system prompts users to enter a few details into an online form. The exact process differs depending on whether or not you’re already insured. If you are, the system will guide you to provide details about your current coverage. If not, you’ll be asked for information about you and your home or vehicle.
Once you’re all set, Gabi’s powerful and intelligent technologies automatically search for the cheapest available deals for car or home insurance. The Gabi system algorithmically applies the details you provide to its database of policies, finding offers that match your needs for less money than you’re currently paying.
When the process is complete, Gabi displays your options so you can compare. The company maintains partnerships with more than 40 leading insurance companies, and it can find up to 20 matches for any query. On its website, Gabi notes that the company is in the business of selling insurance policies, not leads. So, you can conclude your policy purchase without ever leaving the Gabi website.
Gabi handles all the details for you, from comparisons to finalizing the details. Also, note that Gabi is a licensed insurance brokerage, meaning that it’s authorized to actually sell policies instead of just redirecting you to providers.
It’s completely free to use Gabi to find insurance rate quotes. And there’s absolutely zero obligation to move forward with any of the offers the company finds for you. So, it doesn’t cost anything to see if you can beat the price of your current home or auto insurance policy.
The system works wonders: Gabi reports that its customers save an average of $961 per year on their insurance by using the service. That translates to a savings of about $80 per month. Gabi notes that multiple factors affect individual insurance rates and quotes, including your:
- Age and gender
- Coverage needs
- Credit score
- Driving record
And since Gabi can match you with both car and homeowners insurance, there’s often the option to bundle those policies together with the same provider to save even more.
What People Are Saying About Gabi
As of August 2021, Gabi has an impressive A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau. And based on nearly 1,800 Google reviews, Gabi has an excellent rating of 4.8 out of 5 stars. Customers seem especially happy with Gabi’s low pricing and the convenience of its easy-to-use platform.
The Bottom Line
Saving money on insurance can require a lot of careful research and quote comparisons. This process takes time … if you do it yourself. Instead, Gabi’s powerful tools do it for you, helping you achieve all the benefits while barely lifting a finger. Since it’s an innovative option in the fast-changing world of insurance, Gabi should be included in any comparison of top auto insurance providers and home insurance providers.